Saturday 1 March 2014

Sorry you Larophobes...this is a gully one!

I think this may be the first time I posted a blog post out of order in the 7 years of posting!
Anyway, I went to Richmond Bank yesterday with Alex with one aim....OPERATION CASPIAN GULL!

Anyone who has had the misfortune of talking to me for a prolonged period will probably have heard me mention Caspian at least 8 times...I'm mildly obsessed!
Unfortunately I am yet to see a Caspian despite 5 trips to specially see one just this year! Bogey bird is an understatement!

Anyway, we arrived at high tide which meant it was slightly more difficult, particularly with some of the most offensive heat haze I've ever seen!

We managed 2 adult Yellow-legged Gull, 2 juvenile and 1 adult Iceland Gull plus presumed adult and 1st winter Lesser Black-back Gull x Herring Gull hybrid but having very little experience with these, the 1stw may be an argy?

1 comment:

Gordon said...

That Iceland Gull is a beaute, I haven't had one this winter.
All the best Gordon.