Friday 10 August 2012

Kvismare fågelstation, Sweden - Day 29

As blog readers may have noticed....I have a bit of a thing for Marsh Warblers!
....and Blue Tits
The first nice morning in a while this morning, meant that it was CES at Vallen. 61 new birds were caught in total, with 11 recaptures. Highlights came in the form of a Marsh Warbler, which I noticed was a Marsh even as I walked up to the net! (I think I'm getting my eye in now). 4 retrap juvenile Great Reed Warblers and a 2cy male Blue Tit that had a massive wing of 73mm! Swedish Blue Tits eat their Weetabix!

Totals from the morning (recaps in brackets)
Reed Warbler - 31 (4)
Sedge Warbler - 12
Willow Warbler - 5
Great Reed Warbler - (4)
Marsh Warbler - 1
Whitethroat - 4
Lesser Whitethroat - 1
Garden Warbler - 2 (1)
Blue Tit - 2
Great Tit - (1)
Robin - 1
Reed Bunting - 2
Yellowhammer - (1)

No comments: