Saturday 7 April 2012

Bogey Bird doesn't stop amazing day! - 7th April 2012

Hearing about a Penduline Tit at Leighton Moss, I felt obligated to twitch it. Regular readers of this blog will know I have spent the last few summer holidays in North-east Spain. I have spent more hours than I care to remember looking for Penduline Tit without succeeding. As a result, I think of them as a bit of bogey bird.
This bird at Leighton Moss has decided that I haven't been through enough pain yet, so remained completely elusive.
Sightings that made up for the dip were as follows:
Osprey flying high north over the Causeway at 14.55
Pair of Garganey from Grizedale Hide
Lots of Avocet from the train on coastal pools
3 displaying Marsh Harrier (1 male)
A fantastically tame Marsh Tit
Singing and calling Cetti's Warbler on path to Grizedale which showed itself briefly
Finally, the cherry on the cake was an Osprey flying north over Garstang from the train at 15.36 (my 6th for the Spring)
Every time I see Marsh and Willow Tit, they steal the show for me, as they are my favourite common bird species in Britain. Willow just edge it as my favourite due to their stocky build but Marsh are still fantastic birds with a great call.

No comments: